Getting Started for Platform Developers
Platform developers work on the code which runs the core of Sirikata worlds. Both the core system and plugins implementing. Examples of code developed by platform developers are the core message forwarding code, physics simulation plugins, the renderer for clients, and scripting plugins.
Map for Platform Development
- Documentation is very much a work in progress but is a comprehensive overview of what we currently have. Covers just about all the technical aspects of the system, tools and infrastructure around it, and how to work with it. If you're looking for a particular topic, start here.
Getting into the Code
- You'll need to Check out and build the code before you can contribute any changes.
- The Source Code page helps you understand more about how we manage source code.
- Learn about the available branches in the git repository, how to work with them, and how to develop new features.
- We're not too picky, but we suggest following the Coding Standards so we have a consistent, readable codebase.
- The Platform Development Guide explains how to work with the code.
Getting in Touch with Other Developers
- Need to talk to other platform developers to bounce implementation ideas off them or ask questions about the code? Platform Developer Communication describes how to get in touch with other platform developers, both synchronously and asynchronously.